Vivi loves muffins and cinnamon rolls, so I’m trying to find some gluten free replacements that will satisfy her picky senses of taste and texture. This gluten free almond chia muffin was a success!
Gluten Free Almond Chia Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray or grease a 6 cup muffin tin, or a 12 cup mini muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Depending on where you are, you may need to warm up the coconut oil. Mine was pretty solid. Blend in the dry ingredients, and fill the muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 minutes in the 6 cup tin, or 18 minutes in the mini tin.
- Cool the muffins in the tin on a wire rack.
I baked them in regular and mini muffin tins.
Butter makes it better, naturally! My Dad gobbled them up with cream cheese.