Last Updated on
Playland, one of the oldest attractions in Vancouver draws over half a million guests every year for the rides, attractions, games and carnival food – have you heard of Beaver Tails? Playland is a city-owned amusement park operated by the Pacific National Exhibition between May 4th and Sept 15th every year.
As someone who grew up in the Lower Mainland, Playland has always been synonymous with summer, and triggers memories of final exams, skipping school, and wicked sunburns. I was excited to introduce my daughter to it! She loved it, and can’t wait to go this year.
If you’re going to visit Vancouver this summer, Playland and the PNE are well worth a visit. It’s a small amusement park compared to say Canada’s Wonderland in Toronto, so you’ll have no problem enjoying it all in a day.
Playland is open weekends in the late spring and early fall, and daily during the summer. In 2019 Playland opens for the season on May 4 and continues until September 15. Dates and times are subject to change. Always check their website before planning your day.
- May 4 – June 9, 2019: Saturdays, Sundays and Monday May 20th (Victoria Day) from 11 am – 6 pm.
- June 15 – 27, 2019: Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am – 6 pm and weekdays from 11 am – 3 pm.
- June 28 – July 31, 2019: Every day from 11 am – 6 pm.
- August 1 – 16, 2019: daily from 11 am – 7 pm.
- August 17 – September 2, 2019: The Fair at the PNE runs every day during this period except for the first two Mondays when it’s closed. (Note: PlayLand season’s passes don’t apply during this time.)
- September 7 to 15, 2019: Saturdays & Sundays from 11 am – 5 pm.
- Halloween – Fright Nights
Admission to Playland gives you unlimited access to over 35 rides and attractions*, including their three newest family rides and the top historic wooden roller coaster in Canada which was designed by Carl E. Phare and opened in 1958.
- Before you go, buy your One-Day admission or Season Pass online – it’s a better deal than at the gate, and you’ll spend less time waiting in line.
- Bring a small bag to carry your sunblock, hat, and a hoodie for later when it cools off in the evening.
- Leave your valuables at home. You won’t be able to carry your bag onto all the rides.
- Don’t forget your portable charger.
- Tag your posts with
*Revelation, Drop Zone, and Haunted Mansion are not included with admission/passes and have individual add-on fees.
If you enjoy amusement parks, check out my Disney posts!