When we visit the farmer’s market, I need to go armed with a delicious gluten free muffin because Vivi used to love to get a blueberry muffin from the bakery stand. I could tell she was getting a little bored with the banana muffins I have been making.
This morning I realized that our lemons were looking a little sad, and figured it was time to do something with them. There was a lemon blueberry bread recipe in my facebook newsfeed recently so I adapted it to make it gluten free. The muffins turned out great. Vivi and her cousins gobbled them up.
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 for a loaf or 400 for muffins.In a mixing bowl, beat together coconut oil, sour cream, 1 cup sugar, juice and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Or bake in muffin tins at 400 for 30 minutes.
- This made 12 muffins.
- Combine all ingredients mix well. Drizzle over muffins.