‘Tis The Season – To Plan For Next Year
Every December I take stock of, and celebrate, my wins for the year. I also like to create new goals for the following year. This has been an amazing year, and as I approach the end of it I’m feeling proud of the goals I reached, and optimistic about the forward momentum!
For next year I have a set of goals for my business, as well as a set of personal goals. I try to keep my goals reasonable so I don’t feel like a failure if, at the end of the first quarter, I have already fallen short.
The past few years have been challenging. My short term memory took a hit when I experienced a head injury, and I feel like I suffer from brain fog now even more than I did as a new mom. I also admit that I haven’t been taking care of myself as well as I should. I feel like I eat well, but I know I don’t exercise enough. Lack of sleep is a big issue for me. Insomnia and anxiety keep me from getting any more than about 6 hours sleep each night. This needs to change because it is affecting my health, and as a single parent I have to be there for my daughter.
I recently had the opportunity to try Bulletproof Coffee at home, and I was really excited because even though I’ve had Bulletproof Coffee before in a restaurant in California, and I LOVED it, I didn’t know what it was all about. I like butter. The idea of butter in my coffee didn’t seem strange at all. There aren’t many things that aren’t jazzed up with either a pat of butter or a glug of hot sauce! Butter, however is only part of the story.
The rest of the story is that BulletProof Coffee is low toxin, high performance & full of healthy fats to fuel you, so it offers a way to add self-care to one of your morning rituals. And for me, coffee is definitely a ritual, one I can’t bear to start my day without. What I’m most excited about is the Brain Octane™ that will speed up my metabolism and give me a cognitive boost. I’ve only been drinking it for a week and I can already feel a difference. It curbs my appetite, yet I have a great deal of energy AND while I haven’t noticed any benefits to my memory, I do feel the fog lifting!
Here’s the recipe for real Bulletproof Coffee:
- Brew 1 cup (8-12 oz.) of coffee using filtered water, just off the boil, with 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. (French Press is easiest.)
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane™ to the hot coffee (It’s STRONG – start with 1 tsp. and work up over several days).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy like a foamy latte
Elevate The Season
Bulletproof coffee couldn’t have come at a better time for me. The holiday season means more gatherings, more late nights, lots of rich food, egg nog, and exhaustion. I got tired just writing that. I’m excited about Christmas and all it entails, but I know it’s a tough time of year to practice self-care.
Instead of waiting for the new year to make my resolutions, I’m going to elevate the season by:
- Taking the time to write down what I’m grateful for, what I’m proud of, all the things I’ve accomplished this year.
- Switching to Bulletproof Coffee to speed up my metabolism and give me a cognitive boost.
- Getting the rest my body needs. Go to bed a little earlier and sleep in a little later.
- Doing my very best over the holidays to taste all the things instead of eating all the things.
- Staying hydrated. I find that by consciously drinking water at gatherings I don’t drink as many tasty beverages, and I feel so much better the next day!
How will you elevate the season?
This post was sponsored by Bulletproof 360, but the opinions are my own.