‘Tis The Season – To Plan For Next Year
Every December I take stock of, and celebrate, my wins for the year. I also like to create new goals for the following year. This has been an amazing year, and as I approach the end of it I’m feeling proud of the goals I reached, and optimistic about the forward momentum!
For next year I have a set of goals for my business, as well as a set of personal goals. I try to keep my goals reasonable so I don’t feel like a failure if, at the end of the first quarter, I have already fallen short.
The past few years have been challenging. My short term memory took a hit when I experienced a head injury, and I feel like I suffer from brain fog now even more than I did as a new mom. I also admit that I haven’t been taking care of myself as well as I should. I feel like I eat well, but I know I don’t exercise enough. Lack of sleep is a big issue for me. Insomnia and anxiety keep me from getting any more than about 6 hours sleep each night. This needs to change because it is affecting my health, and as a single parent I have to be there for my daughter.
I recently had the opportunity to try Bulletproof Coffee at home, and I was really excited because even though I’ve had Bulletproof Coffee before in a restaurant in California, and I LOVED it, I didn’t know what it was all about. I like butter. The idea of butter in my coffee didn’t seem strange at all. There aren’t many things that aren’t jazzed up with either a pat of butter or a glug of hot sauce! Butter, however is only part of the story.
The rest of the story is that BulletProof Coffee is low toxin, high performance & full of healthy fats to fuel you, so it offers a way to add self-care to one of your morning rituals. And for me, coffee is definitely a ritual, one I can’t bear to start my day without. What I’m most excited about is the Brain Octane™ that will speed up my metabolism and give me a cognitive boost. I’ve only been drinking it for a week and I can already feel a difference. It curbs my appetite, yet I have a great deal of energy AND while I haven’t noticed any benefits to my memory, I do feel the fog lifting!
Here’s the recipe for real Bulletproof Coffee:
- Brew 1 cup (8-12 oz.) of coffee using filtered water, just off the boil, with 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. (French Press is easiest.)
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane™ to the hot coffee (It’s STRONG – start with 1 tsp. and work up over several days).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy like a foamy latte
I’m too lazy to clean a blender so I use a battery operated frother that I bought at IKEA and it works just fine.
Elevate The Season
Bulletproof coffee couldn’t have come at a better time for me. The holiday season means more gatherings, more late nights, lots of rich food, egg nog, and exhaustion. I got tired just writing that. I’m excited about Christmas and all it entails, but I know it’s a tough time of year to practice self-care.
Instead of waiting for the new year to make my resolutions, I’m going to elevate the season by:
- Taking the time to write down what I’m grateful for, what I’m proud of, all the things I’ve accomplished this year.
- Switching to Bulletproof Coffee to speed up my metabolism and give me a cognitive boost.
- Getting the rest my body needs. Go to bed a little earlier and sleep in a little later.
- Doing my very best over the holidays to taste all the things instead of eating all the things.
- Staying hydrated. I find that by consciously drinking water at gatherings I don’t drink as many tasty beverages, and I feel so much better the next day!
How will you elevate the season?
This post was sponsored by Bulletproof 360, but the opinions are my own.
Bulletproof Shopping and Social Links:
CANADIAN Website ~ USA Website
CANADIAN Facebook ~ USA Facebook
3 thoughts on “How To Design Your Best Year Ever – with #BulletProofCoffee”
Thank you for shairng this great recipe!
I’m totally with you on the butter! Butter goes well with anything 😉 But when it can make me a more functional, productive human being I’m all for it! This year I’m elevating the season by taking the time to really savour the few minutes of downtime that I get.
I’ve been known to dip tortilla chips in butter. You’ve nailed it with being present and in the moment when you have downtime. I’m bad about letting time slip away while I fiddle with tasks trying to make them perfect. This year over the holidays, “done and good” is going to be good enough.
Comments are closed.