This salsa verde is good on meat, fish, chicken, vegetables. It is so good, that even people (Mom) who claim not to like capers couldn’t get enough of it. We’ve eaten it on grilled mahi, grilled steak, roasted potatoes, and I’m sure we’ll come up with more dishes that benefit from a generous scoop of this lovely sauce.
- 1cup EVOO
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (I use gluten free)
- 2 cups Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- ½ cup capers, drained and chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Make this in advance so the flavors meld.
I adapted it from a Fresh20 recipe. My sister bought the gluten free Fresh 20 meal plan, and she bought my Dad the vegetarian one. Last summer we collaborated on a lot of dinners by just doubling up the ingredients so that there was enough food for 8 of us. Everything we made from their meal plans was delicious.